We are committed to providing high-quality care to all types of families and love the concept of creating a "dental home." A dental home is a place where families can come and collaborate with a skilled dentist to accomplish what is best for children and teens. It is a friendly, relaxed, comfortable environment where everyone feels safe and can have an enjoyable experience. We know choosing a family dental office is a big decision, and we are confident that you will be highly satisfied with Holistic Smiles LA.
You can count on Dr. Monempour for all your child’s dental care needs. We provide family-friendly, highly-effective, clean dentistry for children and teens. Good oral health starts young, and we are prepared to become a vital member of your child’s healthcare team.
When Should I Schedule My Baby's First Dentist Appointment?
We recommend you bring your baby by their first birthday or as the first tooth erupts - whichever is earlier! We're not expecting to see many teeth but this first visit is all about setting your baby up for success! Kids have the best oral health and fewest cavities when they begin a relationship with a dentist early. Dental phobias beginning in childhood often continue into adulthood, and thus it is critical that children have positive experiences and find their “dental home” as early as possible.
What Should I Expect During Our Appointment?
Dr. Monempour takes the time to discuss the ideal nutrition cycle and shows you how to best help your child brush and floss their teeth. Dr. Monempour discusses proper maintenance and care of deciduous (baby) teeth, which are instrumental in facilitating good chewing habits, proper speech production, and also hold space for permanent teeth. He uses child-friendly terminology in emphasizing the importance of keeping teeth strong and healthy. He also advises parents on disease prevention, trauma prevention, good eating habit, and other aspects of the home hygiene routine.
Why Chose Holistic Smiles LA?
The following are some of highlights that set us apart from other dentists:
- Biocompatible Materials: Our office is BPA-free, Flouride-free and Metal free. We select materials that are most compatible with the human body avoiding exposure to heavy metals and BPA-releasing substances. We use ozonated water in all our units and the cleanest and highest quality dental materials and instruments.
- Anesthetic-Free Dentistry: For certain cavities, Dr. Monempour likes to use his Waterlase Laser, that uses light energy to remove tooth decay, which means no drillS, No needles and no anestheticS are needed! This goes for kids and adults, and is the future of dentistry!
- Single Tooth Anesthesia System: When local anesthetic is needed, we use a computerized device called the STA rather than a “shot”. This system has disposable, child-friendly, hand-pieces that look like a pen rather than a traditional syringe.
- Minimally Invasive Dentistry: Discussing caries prevention, “caries control” options, conservative dentistry and tailoring a prevention plan to fit each child’s dental needs are important steps before considering the necessity of dental restorations. If restorations are required, we advocate a minimal, tooth preserving approach.
- Evidence-Based Dentistry: We rely on evidence based dentistry and use the most conservative approach when making treatment plans.
- Orthodontics & Invisalign: A comprehensive, team approach to a beautiful smile is offered by teaming up our pediatric dental knowledge and services with our orthodontic specialty in Invisalign, all under one roof.
- 3D Scanning/Impressions: Using a unique three dimensional scanner called the iTero, we are able to avoid impression materials and have a perfect replica of your child’s mouth that can be stored for records or securely emailed to a lab for the fabrication of orthodontic appliances.
- Digital Imaging and Photography: Use of digital sensors to reduces radiation exposure to documented, negligible amounts. Intra-oral cameras transfer images of your child’s mouth to our computer screens allowing us to share any areas of concern with you privately without alarming your child or exposing your child to unnecessary radiation.
- Cosmetic Pediatric Dentistry: Choosing tooth-colored materials when dental restorations are necessary and advanced cosmetic techniques including micro-abrasion.
We are also aware to working parents and those with busy schedules by providing both evening and weekend hours when necessary. You shouldn't have to miss work or school to come to the dentist. Call our office today to book an appointment!